The State ADA Coordinator’s Office as technical advisors would like to offer our assistance to the State Fire Marshal’s Plan Reviewers and Inspectors and other State Code Officials/Inspectors having jurisdiction in fulfilling their obligations to enforce the Georgia Accessibility Code. With this charge, State Code Officials may seek advice/training as to how to interpret and implement the more complex aspects of the Georgia Accessibility Code. Federal Accessibility Code type documents can provide supplemental guidance for certain facilities where the State’s Accessibility Code lacks specificity.
Available Accessibility Code Services from the State ADA Coordinator’s Office
- Specialized training and presentations on site for a clearer and more consistent approach to interpretations of the Georgia Accessibility Code. (Training offered provides 4 hours of credit from the Georgia Firefighters Standards and Training Council under the description of Georgia Accessibility Code – New Construction; course number 30-0602-1).
- Ongoing source of Technical Assistance whenever there is a question about how to interpret and implement the Georgia Accessibility Code.
- Assistance with all parties for resolution if conflicts arise concerned with inspections/reviews/code interpretations at 80% and 100%.
- Cooperative assistance with State Fire Marshal training initiatives for the Georgia Accessibility Code.
- Comparative Code Analysis. (Coming soon!)
For more specific information on accessibility code compliance, please contact our Senior ADA Architect at (404) 463-5647 or email@example.com (email).