An official website of the State of Georgia government.
Here’s how you know
State government websites often end in .gov. Before sharing sensitive information, make sure you’re on a state website. Still not sure? Call 1-800-GEORGIA to verify that a website is an official website of the State of Georgia.
The https:// ensures that any information you provide is encrypted and transmitted securely.
The Americans with Disabilities Act, or ADA, provides comprehensive civil rights protections to individuals with disabilities in the areas of employment, public accommodations, state and local government services and telecommunications.
Title II of the ADA calls on state and local governments to ensure that qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities are afforded equal opportunity to participate in those programs, services and activities offered by state and local governments.
• Serves as a technical resource to State agencies for the ADA's Title II general nondiscrimination requirements, program accessibility, communications and employment (including the reasonable accommodation process);
• Operates the statewide ADA facility improvements program;
• Assists State agencies in updating, strengthening and enhancing the scope of self-evaluation and transition plans to ensure compliance with the ADA mandate;
• Conducts general and customized training on ADA topics for State agencies;
• Provides informal technical assistance about the ADA to the general public, collaborates with local ADA support systems; and
• Increases the visibility of the ADA to help more citizens understand the letter and the spirit of the law.
The State ADA Coordinator's Office is a section of the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission.
To provide comprehensive educational and technical support for State agencies so that those programs, services and activities operated by the State of Georgia are accessible and usable by everyone.
206 Washington St SW
Atlanta, GA 30334
State ADA Coordinator’s Office
270 Washington Street, 2nd Floor, Suite 2140
Atlanta, GA 30334