This website provides information on how COVID-19 affects individuals with disabilities. The resources include information from national, federal, and state sources. Accessibility is not guaranteed for external links.
State Facility Directors & Administrators
Our office is glad to assist you in understanding your responsibilities for access to your facilities and on your campuses to meet “program access” requirements under Title II of the ADA. This may include making alterations to existing facilities or developing policies for access that affect their use as well as applying these requirements to new construction and new additions. It is also very important to assure that accessible routes are kept open or that reasonable alternative routes are incorporated when construction is planned for existing sites. So that we may better serve you as a customer we look forward to hearing about your existing facility needs for possible inclusion in our State Facilities Improvement Plan.
Available Services from the State ADA Coordinator’s Office
- Technical assistance to aide the further understanding of the technical issues surrounding the implementation of your facility/agency obligations under Title II and of the ADA when providing “program access” to programs, activities and services offered in the most integrated way and to the greatest extent possible. We also assist you with technical guidance using the ADA Accessibility Guidelines and the Georgia Accessibility Code when constructing and altering the physical environment.
- Familiarize Agency personnel with our Office’s policies and procedures involved with the funding process provided through our State Facility Improvement Program.
- Assistance with other accommodations appropriate for the students and public using your facilities and the services you provide. We also provide surveys of your existing facilities for which our funding can be used to provide the most appropriate facility upgrades and alterations for access.
- Surveys of your existing facilities for which our funding can be used to provide the most appropriate facility upgrades and alterations for access.
- Assistance with the Self Evaluation process and Transition Plans and prioritization of necessary alterations for “program access”.
- Plan review of construction documents for new buildings and additions and site work related to accessibility requirements occurring on your campus or facility site.
- Specialized training for facility personnel about the obligations and processes involved in implementing Title II of the ADA at your facility or campus.