- Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity
The goals of the Fair Housing Division of the Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity are:
- To promote broader housing choice in Georgia
- To promote understanding of the Georgia Fair Housing Law and the Federal Fair Housing Act
- To encourage integrated communities and/or neighborhoods
- To secure compliance with state and federal fair housing laws
- To eliminate discrimination in housing because race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, and familial status (having children in the household
- To punish those who violate the state or federal fair housing laws. https://gceo.georgia.gov/
Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA)
DCA helps put all Georgia's citizens in decent housing through a range of
programs designed to foster new housing development, home ownership,
and improved housing choices. For more information please visit https://www.dca.ga.gov/ or call (404) 679-4940 (Voice) or (800) 359-4663 (Voice Toll Free) or (404) 679-4915 (TDD) or 1 (800) 736-1155 (TDD Toll Free).
Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in Georgia
HUD's mission is to increase homeownership, support community development and increase access to affordable housing free from discrimination. For more information please visit https://www.hud.gov/states/georgia or call (404) 331-5001 (Voice) or (404) 730-2654 (TDD).
Mortgageloan.com is a website that provides information about mortgages and loans and does not offer mortgages or loans directly or indirectly through any representatives of agents. Mortgageloan.com has created a guide to help individuals living with disabilities, and their family members, in the process of buying a home of their own. The guide highlights the five important steps in buying a home and discusses the financial assistance programs that are available for individuals living with disabilities, who want to buy a home. For more information please visit www.mortgageloan.com/disabilities/.
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
HUD's mission is to increase homeownership, support community development and increase access to affordable housing free from discrimination. To fulfill this mission, HUD will embrace high standards of ethics, management and accountability and forge new partnerships--particularly with faith-based and community organizations--that leverage resources and improve HUD's ability to be effective on the community level. https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/fair_housing_equal_opp/disability_overview